192.168.49.1 – Login Admin
192.168.49.1 is the IP address used by routers as the default gateway to enter the router’s administrative settings at http://192.168.49.1/, from where you can manage both router and Wi-Fi settings. If you have a Wi-Fi router, then at some point you will need to access the admin console, be it to change the SSID of the Wi-Fi network, password of the Wi-Fi network, or any other settings that need to change.
How to login to 192.168.49.1?
Follow these steps below to log in to 192.168.49.1 and access the administration console of your router:
1. Open a web browser on your computer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser.
2. Open a new web section and type http://192.168.49.1 or 192.168.49.1 in the URL bar and press Enter.
3. Given that 192.168.49.1 is the default gateway address of your router, you will be taken to the admin console login page.
4. Here you will be asked to enter your username and password. You can find the default login username and password printed on a label on the back or side of the router.
5. Enter your login username and password and click Sign In.
6. You will now be logged in to the administration console of your router. From there you can manage various settings of both the router and the Wi-Fi network.
How do I change my Wi-Fi SSID and password?
As mentioned above, you can change the SSID and password of the Wi-Fi network through the admin console. By default, the SSID and Wi-Fi password are set by the router manufacturer, but you can change it through the admin console and set it as you wish. The method for changing both the SSID and the Wi-Fi password is easy, and here’s how to do it:
Change the SSID of a Wi-Fi network
Here’s how to change the SSID of your Wi-Fi network:
1. Log into the router’s administration console using the above method.
2. Once logged in, go to the wireless section.
3. Look for the Wi-Fi SSID box.
4. Enter the new Wi-Fi SSID in the field provided.
5. Click Apply to save the changes.
6. Wi-Fi SSID will be changed now.
Change the Wi-Fi password
Here’s how to change your Wi-Fi password:
1. Log in to the router’s administration console.
2. Once logged in, go to Home> Wireless.
3. Here, look for the Wi-Fi password field in the Security section.
4. Enter the new Wi-Fi password in the field provided.
5. Now click Apply to save the changes.
6. The Wi-Fi password will now be changed.